Thursday, February 15, 2007

Amex Blue Cash

In my never ending search for a cash back credit card, I came across the Amex Blue Cash Card. Since I am already part of the Amex family (I have the Costco Card), I was able to apply and be approved through their website in less than 1 minute! Since they already have all of my info, they just needed me to confirm my birth date, telephone number & annual salary. I should receive my card within 10 days.

I will be able to make over $100 cash back this year just by purchasing gasoline alone. If I can get my wife to use this card rather than cash at the supermarket, I would be getting another $300 cash back. She is hesitant to using the credit card at the supermarket. She told me that she doesn't trust herself to stick to the budget when she doesn't have the cash. I have to admit that it would probably be easy to overspend when you don't have a limited amount of cash stuck inside an envelope when you go to the store. I am sure that with a little prodding she will be able to do it. $300 is a lot of money to leave on the table.

No comments: